Make this cheesy meatball macaroni:
- Mix 300g pork mince, 400g beef mince, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp dried oregano and salt in a large bowl.
- Shape into 18 meatballs with a chunk of tallegio or mozzarella in the middle. Chill for 10 mins.
- Arrange meatballs on a baking tray lined with foil. Bake at 200C/180C fan/gas 5 for 10 mins.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add 1 chopped onion, sizzle until soft, then add 4 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tsp tomato purée, a big glug of red wine, 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes, 500ml passata, 3 bay leaves, 2 tsp golden caster sugar and 1 tsp dried oregano.
- Add 400g cooked macaroni and a little pasta water.
- Nestle the meatballs into the pasta. Scatter with more cheese. Grill 5-10 mins until golden.
See the full recipe for melting meatball macaroni.