How to make healthy quinoa salads
Make these meal prep bulgur and quinoa bowls for a healthy work lunch. Use one base and two different toppings to prepare four easy, delicious salad boxes.
How to make bulgur & quinoa lunch bowls:
- Add 1 chopped onion and 150g bulgur and quinoa to a large pan.
- Pour over 600ml water and stir in 2 thyme sprigs and 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 15 mins.
- Leave to stand for 10 mins. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- To make the dressing, mix 4 tsp cider vinegar with 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Divide the quinoa and bulgur mix between four lunchboxes.
- For the avocado salad topping, divide 2 tomatoes, 1 avocado, 4 tbsp chopped basil, 6 Kalamata olives and a handful of rocket over two boxes.
- For the beetroot topping, divide a 210g can of chickpeas, 160g cooked beetroot, 2 tomatoes, 1 orange and 2 tbsp chopped mint over two boxes. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin seeds, several pinches of ground cinnamon and 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts.
- Add the dressing to both salads and chill in the fridge until needed.
Sign up to our Healthy Diet Plan!
This recipe is part of our free Healthy Diet Plan. Sign up today and we’ll send you seven days of triple-tested, nutritionally-optimised recipes, plus expert tips to help you look and feel your very best.
Get more meal prep inspiration:
What's your favourite meal prep recipe? Let us know in the comments below...