How to make gin & tonic cheesecake
Make the ultimate summer dessert for gin and tonic fans with this zesty cheesecake recipe. Decorate with crushed meringues and a G&T syrup.
How to make a G&T cheesecake:
- For the base: Mix 250g crushed digestive biscuits with 100g melted butter. Tip into a lined tin and press firmly down into the base. Chill for one hour.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, add 600g cream cheese, 100g icing sugar and the zest of 1 lime. Beat well until smooth. Add 280ml double cream and 50ml gin and mix again.
- Spoon onto the biscuit base and smooth to the edges. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- For the G&T syrup: Pour a 250ml can of gin and tonic into a pan, add 2 tbsp caster sugar and boil. Add the juice of ½ a lemon and reduce to a syrup. Allow to cool, then add the juice of 1 lime. Add ½ a sliced lemon. Leave to cool completely.
- To serve: Crush and sprinkle 2 meringues over the top of the cheesecake then drizzle with the syrup, scattering the sliced lemons. Add a final grating of lime zest, slice and serve.
See the full recipe for gin and tonic cheesecake.
Love gin and tonic? Make these recipes next:
What's your favourite gin recipe? Let us know in the comments below...