Easy one-pot pasta
Try our app for ad-free recipe inspiration - start your free trial
This quick and easy all-in-one pasta takes only 15 minutes to make. The spaghetti cooks in the simple sauce of tomatoes, chilli, garlic and olives, served with basil and cheese.
Points to remember:
- Put 200g spaghetti in a wide saucepan or deep frying pan off the heat.
- Add 100g cherry tomatoes, handful olives, 2 garlic cloves, sliced, a pinch of chilli flakes, zest of 1 lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and 500ml boiling water.
- Turn the heat on and simmer for 10-12 mins, tossing the spaghetti through the liquid every so often until it is cooked and the sauce is reduced and clinging to it. Add a splash more hot water if the sauce is too thick or does not cover the pasta while it cooks.
- Once the pasta is tender squeeze over the juice 1 lemon, add a few basil leaves, pinch of chilli flakes and a handful grated Parmesan.
- Serve with more shaved Parmesan and fresh basil if you like.