Easiest ever microwave mug cakes
Magazine subscription – your first 5 issues for only £5!
Learn how to make these quick and easy desserts with just a few key ingredients. Our recipes are perfect for when you fancy something sweet in a hurry.
Points to remember:
- White chocolate and raspberry: Pour 3 tbsp vegetable oil into a microwave safe mug. Add 3 tbsp caster sugar, 1 egg, 3 tbsp plain flour, pinch baking powder and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- Drop in a few fresh or frozen raspberries, 4-5 squares white chocolate and sprinkle the top with a few flaked almonds.
- Carefully place in the microwave and cook for 45 secs-1 min on high until puffed up and cooked through. Leave to cool for 1 min or until just warm.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Apple and cinnamon: Peel, core and chop 1 apple and put the pieces in a mug with a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar. Microwave on full for 1 min 30 secs or until the apple is soft but still holds its shape.
- Pour 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a bowl and add 3 tbsp light brown sugar, 1 egg, 3 tbsp plain flour, a pinch of baking powder and a pinch of cinnamon. Whisk until smooth then pour the mixture into the mug on top of the cooked apples.
- Microwave on high for 45 secs-1 min or until puffed up and cooked through.
- Top with double cream or custard.
- Chocolate: Pour 2 tbsp vegetable oil into a mug. Add 3 tbsp light brown sugar, 1 egg, 2 tbsp plain flour, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp boiling water, few drops vanilla extract and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- Unwrap 1 Lindor chocolate truffle and drop it into the middle of the cake batter.
- Microwave on high for 45 secs-1 min or until puffed up and cooked through and the truffle has melted.
- Great with a scoop of ice cream.
More quick and easy video recipes...
What's your favourite mug cake flavour? Let us know in the comments below...