Watch as we show you how to make a luxurious solo supper. Our creamy chowder recipe is versatile and ingredients can be swapped out – we use chicken, sweetcorn and potato in this creamy soup. For more like this, see our meals-for-one and chowder recipe collections.
How to make easy chicken chowder
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Finely chop ½ celery stick and ½ onion, then fry until softened.
- Stir in 1 tbsp flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Gradually stir in around 200ml milk over a low heat until the sauce has thickened – you want the consistency of double cream.
- Add ½ chicken stock cube, some shredded roast chicken, frozen sweetcorn, and 1 parboiled, cubed potato.
- Heat until all the ingredients are cooked through and the soup has a creamy consistency – you can add another splash of milk or water to loosen if necessary.
- Stir in the zest of 1 lemon, black pepper and a handful chopped parsley to serve.
These videos are part of a home kitchen series run by BBC Good Food, encouraging the nation to stay home and get cooking.