Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crunchy coconut prawns
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Golden and crunchy these are so tasty they are irresistible, serve as a starter, appetizer or light summer lunch.
- 20 large shell on fresh prawns
- 2 tbsps plain flour
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsps desiccated coconut
- 6 tbsps fresh breadcrumbs
- 8 tbsps bottlegreen lime and coconut cordial
- 1 large red chilli
- 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar
Oil for frying
- Oil for frying
- STEP 1Remove the shell from the prawns keeping the tail on, prepare 3 bowls, one with the flour in, one with the beaten egg and one with the coconut and breadcrumbs mixed together. Dip the prawns first in the flour, then the beaten egg and finally toss in the coconut mix until evenly coated.
- STEP 2To make the dipping sauce, place the cordial, chilli and rice wine vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, simmer until reduced a little and syrupy.
- STEP 3Heat the oil in a pan, cook the prawns until golden for approx. 5 mins, turning half way if shallow frying, drain on kitchen paper.
- STEP 4Serve the prawns with the lime and coconut dipping sauce