Crab, mango and avocado salad
Member recipe by bottlegreen
This fresh tasting delicious summer salad is perfect for those hot balmy days when something quick and easy but oh so tasty is needed.
- 2 prepared fresh crab, approx 250g mixed white and brown crabmeat
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 mango,
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsps bottlegreen elderflower cordial
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 bag rocket
- 2 slices medium sliced white bread
- Place the crab in a bowl, add the finely chopped spring onions, chilli, a good squeeze of lime juice and the chopped coriander, stir together and season to taste.
- Peel and cube the mango and avocado, mix with the torn mint and rocket leaves. Mix together the cordial and olive oil, add a squeeze of lime juice and toss into the salad.
- To make the melba toast curls, toast the bread on both sides, remove the crusts and cut each piece in half horizontally. Cut into 4 triangles and toast until lightly golden.
- To serve, use a metal ring to hold the salad in a circle on a plate, top with a layer of the crab mix, carefully lift the ring off and serve garnished with the melba toasts or simply serve spooned onto a plate in the two layers.