Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Vegan Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A creamy vegan curry, spices can be adjusted to how you like!
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled & diced
- 250mls Coconut Milk
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1tsp Ginger Paste/Thumb Grated Fresh Ginger
- 200g Chickpeas
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1tsp Garam Masala
- 2tsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 1tsp Turmeric
- Splash Olive/Sunflower Oil
- Rice, to serve
- STEP 1Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add cumin seeds and cook for a further 1 minute.
- STEP 2Add garlic, ginger, tomato puree and all other spices. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3Add chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and sweet potato. Stir well and simmer for approx 20-22 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked through. May need a splash of water if the consistency is too thick.
- STEP 4Add chickpeas and cook through for 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice.