Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Healthy taco nachos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 7 large portions
Sweet potato nachos with a delicious turkey taco meat!
- 10 large sweet potatoes
- 2 500g packs turkey mince
- taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 3 salad tomatoes
- 1 full bunch of spring onions
- 2 large white onions
- 50g cheddar cheese
- low calorie spray oil
- a bowl of salt at the ready
- STEP 1Start by pre-heating the oven to 200c fan and then dicing 1 of the white onions and throw them into a large sauce pan along with some spray oil add all of the mince. Mix until fully cooked but not burnt and add taco seasoning and 50 ml of cold water. Mix until the flavours have combined fully and set aside for now. Cover with lid.
- STEP 2slice potatoes into 1cm thick discs and wash them in a colander then oil baking tray with spray oil and pile potato discs on it a spray with more spray oil and a pinch of salt scattered over it and bake for 40min
- STEP 3Whilst the "nachos" are baking peel and cut the remaining large white onion into rings and place into a hot saucepan and use the spray oil to fry them once fried set aside. Take the tomatoes and cut them into cube thumbnail sized pieces and put into a bowl then cut the spring onions into 1cm sized pieces mix with the tomatoes.
- STEP 4Grate the cheddar cheese and if the ingredients that are meant to be hot have gone cold proceed to reheat them by stirring over a medium heat for two minutes then proceed to pile the ingredients on a baking tray in the following order: Potato nachos, taco mince, the homemade salsa, fried onions and top it off with the cheese place in oven for 10 minutes and serve for family or for a party and enjoy!