- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
Dango is a traditional Japanese dessert, served in many Asian Cafés.
- 120g Sticky Rice Powder
- 120g Tofu
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Green Tea Powder
- 2 Drops Food Colouring (Red)
- STEP 1Mix the Sticky Rice, the Tofu and the sugar to form a certain kind of dough for making Dango. Make a round ball with the dough.
- STEP 2Split your round ball into three pieces. Add the green tea powder to one of the pieces. Mix it with your hands until it has gotten a uniform green colour. Leave the second piece of the dough as it is and now add 2 Drops of red food colouring to the third piece. Mix it with your hands until it has gotten a red uniform colour.
- STEP 3Now divide each of your three pieces of dough into five parts. Now you should have 15 parts of dough. Five will be red, five white, and the remaining five green. Form each of the 15 parts into balls by rolling them with your palms.
- STEP 4Boil the 15 pieces of dough for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, let them cool down. Then, take 3 pieces of dough each different colour. Get a skewer and pierce the 3 pieces of dough on. The order doesn't really matter but it's more traditional in Japan to put the green one on first, then the white, and finally, then the red. Enjoy!!