Kinder Bueno Cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 12
Delicious kinder bueno cupcakes for those who love bueno !!
- FOR THE CUPCAKES;
- 110g Unsalted Softened Butter
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essance
- 110g Self-Rasing Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 15g Coca Powder
- Drop of Boiled Water
- *optional* 2 bars and 2 pieces of kinder bueno cut into the squares ( 3 bars of kinder bueno)
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 3 table spoons of Nutella
- 60g Unsalted softened Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp whole Milk add 1 more if too thick
- 20g Coca Powder
- 2 Bars of kinder bueno
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 160’ fan and using a cake case tray put all 12 cake cases on to tray ready.
- STEP 2Whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- STEP 3Whisk in 1 egg into the same bowl at a time to prevent curdle. Beat with 1st egg for about 1 minute before beating the other in for another 1 minute, again before the other ingredients are mixed in.
- STEP 4Add in the vanilla essance followed by the sived flour, sived coca powder and sived baking powder. Adding a few little drops of boiling water will help the coca powder to heat up and create more flavour.
- STEP 5Whisk all ingredients together for a good 2 minutes with a electric whisk, stopping in between to scrape sides of bowl with a spactular (or spoon if you don’t have a spactular) to make sure mixture is fully mixed together.
- STEP 6Evenly spoon mixture into the cake cases. *optional* - place the kinder bueno pieces into the middle of the mixture in the cases and covering the chocolate up with a little bit of mixture.
- STEP 7Bake for around 15 minutes but keep an eye out after 10. When they look well risen and you think they’re done insert a cocktail stick into centre of cupcake to see if it is dry (unless there’s kinder bueno inside) if so this mean it is ready.
- STEP 8FOR THE TOPPING;
- STEP 9Add the butter into mixing bowl and with an electric whisk, whisk for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- STEP 10Add in the sived icing sugar, coca powder, milk and the Nutella and give it a good 2 minutes whisking again scraping the sides of the bowl making sure it’s fully mixed in. (This is a good part to taste it and see if it needs more Nutella or not)
- STEP 11Once cakes have cooled down put the butter cream topping into a piping bag (or spreading it on with spoon/knife) and do a simple design on to the top of the cake and place 1 piece of kinder bueno on top. And there you have it a kinder bueno cupcake! Enjoy.