Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Poached Eggs on Bacon Toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 1
Very simple but great English Breakfast!
- 2 x Eggs (Free range if possible)
- 2 x Slices of Bread (Your choice)
- 2 x Rashers of Smokey Bacon
- 30mls Water
- 1/8 Cup of Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Ketchup or Brown Sauce (Or both if naughty)
Butter (For the Toast)
- Butter (For the Toast)
- STEP 1Ok, first off place your rashers of bacon in a frying pan. Allow them to cook in their own fat for around 4 minutes, turning once.
- STEP 2Once the bacon has been cooking for around 2 minutes, place your bread in the toaster and set it to your normal setting.
- STEP 3Have two standard tea or coffee mugs filled with about one third of water. Add a splash of vinegar to each mug. Then crack your eggs into the cups. Place cling film around of the top of the cups and place in the microwave together for around 70 seconds.
- STEP 4You're toast should now be ready so take them out, butter them and place on the plate. The bacon should also be done now so take out of the pan and lay one rather on each piece of bread
- STEP 5Carefully take the eggs out of the microwave and remove the film (be careful that they don't explode, gently shake the cup before removing film). Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs from the cups and place ontop of each rather of bacon.
- STEP 6Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the top of each egg before adding your desired sauce. Feel free to slice into one of the eggs before serving to show how gooey the egg is.