Sausage and roast vegetables
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
It is special because it has a really sweet and juicy flavour
- 3 peppers (any color you like)
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 red onions chopped
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- A splash of Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops of Tabasco
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas6/400F
- STEP 2Pour the oil into a roasting tin and put in the oven for 5mins
- STEP 3Meanwhile,peel and chop the sweet potato into good sized chunks
- STEP 4De-seed and chop the peppers into small chunks and season with salt and pepper
- STEP 5Put the sausage, sweet potato and peppers into the roasting tin and return to the oven. Roast for 10 minutes.
- STEP 6Peel and quarter the onions. Add to the roasting tin and toss well. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- STEP 7Add the cherry tomatoes and the sauces, toss well to make sure the sausages brown evenly. Then cook for a further 10 minutes.