Banana scotch pancakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Light and fluffy pancakes made with overly-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 60 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ~70 ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- STEP 1Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks.
- STEP 2Combine the flour, baking powder, milk and egg yolks until they form a smooth, thick batter. Mash the bananas using a fork, and mix into the batter.
- STEP 3Fold the whisked egg whites into the batter
- STEP 4Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot enough, pour in a ladle of batter and leave to fry until golden before flipping.