- Preparation and cooking time
- Mixing time 3-4 mins
- Makes 25 cubes
Homemade crumbly vanilla fudge that the family will love, have a temperature probe ready you'll need it. This fudge will melt in your mouth and will make your day that bit better.
- 115g Unsalted butter
- 450g Demarara Sugar
- One tin of carnation condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- STEP 1Grease a baking tray or loaf tin with some butter. Cut your 115g of butter into 2cm cubes and place into a saucepan along with the carnation condensed milk and melt into it.
- STEP 2Once the butter has melted into the condensed milk, add the demerara sugar and stir until there are no more gritty bits.
- STEP 3Make sure you have your temperature probe, I prefer not to use a sugar thermometer. Bring the fudge mixture to 118 degrees celsius, stirring constantly keeping a close eye so it doesnt burn.
- STEP 4When your fudge has finally reached its temperature of 118, turn off the heat and transfer to a mixer, I use a kitchen aid but any will do. Once the mixture is in the mixer, turn the dile to full whack as you need to whisk as much air as possible in to it. Whisk for 3-4 minutes on the highest setting. (add van-extract while mixing).
- STEP 5Once mixed, the fudge should look thick and pasty and difficult to mix anymore, grab an oven cloth or anything heat proof and transfer to your pre-prepared tray/tin. Spread to the edges set aside wait for 30 mins to cool and set. Enjoy!