Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Special Surti Lamb Raan - slow roast spiced whole leg of lamb
- Preparation and cooking time
- 24 hours Marinate
- Serves 6
A mouthwatering deliciously spiced whole leg of roast lamb. Lamb is marinated for 24hr in artisan spices -surti-jeera masala hybrid of a professional herb/spice blend and slow cooked for 3hrs. The meat is deliciously moist, delicately spiced, falls off the bone and melts in the mouth! A centre piece for a dinner party.
- 2.3-2.5kg of lean leg of lamb,
- 1 X Surti masala (a fresh blend of over 20+ Indian herbs and whole ground authentic spices from www.curryfusion,net)
- 1 X Jeera masala (a fresh blend of over 20+ Indian herbs and whole ground authentic spices from www.curryfusion.net)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp of mint sauce
- 2 tsp of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp of coursely chopped coriander
- Optionally, add a 2 tsp of tomato puree
- STEP 1Mixed the two masala (Surti masala and Jeera masala from www.curryfusion.net) with the mint, lemon juice and sunflower oil to make the marinade. Make deep cuts into the leg all over and evenly rub the marinade on to the meat. Season with freshly cracked black pepper. Marinate for 24hrs or if you have time 48hrs in the fridge.
- STEP 2Cook for 3.5 hours covered with foil at 150C. Remove the foil and cook for further 20 minutes at 190-200C for colour and baste frequently resulting in a beautiful spicy crust.
- STEP 3Rest for 15 minutes so the meat relaxes and juices are taken up. Shredding the meat off the bone with a fork, separate the meat juices and fat from the roasting tin. Once shredded pour over the cooking liqueur to create a pulled Juicy lamb that is mouth watering meaty lamb with the signature Bipin's jeera and surti flavour hit.