Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Delicious fresh, fragrant Thai soup. Very tasty and can use which ever veg you have spare. Easy to keep the basic ingredients in the fridge and can be made veggie!
- Half a pack of rice noodles
- 1 table spoon jarred lemon grass or fresh
- Half a table spoon of garlic paste
- Half a table spoon of ginger paste
- 2 star anise
- Fresh corriander for garnish
- 125ml if oyster sauce
- 6 chicken thighs or legs (skin on for flavor)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- Large handful of sliced veg per person (spring onion, pak choi, carrot sliced with a peeler, fresh ginger, sliced chilies, baby sweet corn, broccoli, sugar snap peas, peppers etc)
- 2 tea spoons of seasame oil
- STEP 1Heat sesame seed oil on high heat. Fry chicken skin down until brown. Add star anise, garlic and ginger paste. Add oyster sauce and stir.
- STEP 2Add chicken stock and cover and cook until chicken is cooked (30 minutes) and falls off the bone.
- STEP 3Remove chicken at set aside to cool. Remove from bone when cool and place in a bowl. Prepare veg by slicing thinly.
- STEP 4Cook rice noodles as per their instructions. Set aside. When ready to eat place chicken and noodles in a bowl. Add veg to the stock in the pan and cook until just heated through, do not over cook.
- STEP 5Add veg to the bowl and cover with the broth. Garnish with fresh chili and corriander. Eat with chop sticks.