Celery and garlic boursin soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A delicious winter soup, that only takes 30 minutes to cook from start to finish.
- 80g Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb cream cheese
- 1 large red onion, chopped roughly
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- 1 large leek, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 70g buter
- 1 veg or chicken stock cube diluted with 500 ml water
- 6 to 8 sticks of celery chopped roughly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 ml of milk
- STEP 1First put the butter in a pan and melt, then add the celery, onions, leeks and garlic. Cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, till veg softens.
- STEP 2Next add salt and pepper to taste, with 500 ml of veg or chicken stock to the pan.
- STEP 3Now leave to simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- STEP 4Finally add the milk and garlic and herb cream cheese, till dissolved.
- STEP 5Blend soup to the consistancy that you want, (i prefere it a little chunky) and serve. Enjoy.....