- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
The burger to make all burgers jealous. A halloumi burger with roasted red pepper and sweet chilli sauce, served with homemade potato wedges.
- 6 Potatos
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Block of Halloumi
- 1 Baby Gem Lettuce
- 2 Vine Tomatoes
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 Brioche Burger Buns
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 200. Chop the potatos into 2cm wide wedges and spread onto a large baking tray. Drizzle the wedges with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat then roast in the oven for 30-35 mins, until golden. Shake the tray halfway through cooking.
- STEP 2Halve and remove the core from the pepper. Cut the halloumi into 2 slices per person. Trim the root from the lettuce then halve lengthways and thinly slice widthways. Chop the tomatoes into 2cm chunks. Put the lettuce and tomato into a mixing bowl and set aside, ready for a side salad.
- STEP 3When the wedges have 20 mins left to cook, lay the pepper halves side-down on another tray. Drizzle a little oil over the pepper, sprinkle with salt and pepper and put in the oven for the remainder of the cooking time.
- STEP 4Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan and fry the halloumi slices for 3-4 mins on each side, until golden brown. Meanwhile, stir half the mayonaise into the side salad and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to season.
- STEP 5Cut the burger buns in half and when wedges/pepper have 3-4 mins left, put the buns directly onto the oven shelf to toast through slightly. Remove the halloumi from the heat and add the sweet chilli sauce. Mix the sweet chilli into the halloumi.
- STEP 6Spread the remaining mayo onto the burger buns and top with the pepper between the halloumi slices. Drizzle with some sweet chilli and put the lid on the burger. Serve with the potato wedges and side salad.