Slow cooked beef and mushroom stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Melt in the mouth hearty beef stew with mushrooms.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- 3 heaped table spoons of Plain flour
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 3 Parsnips (cubed around small roast potato size)
- 2 medium white onions (sliced)
- 1 diced Turnip
- 700g cubed beef
- 600ml beef stock
- Table spoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leafs
- Tomato purée 2 large table spoons
- 500g mushrooms
- Rapeseed oil
- 1/4 tea spoon of Black pepper
- Table spoons of English mustard powder
- STEP 1Put on a high heat slow cooker and add the beef stock to the slow cooker.
- STEP 2Put all of the flour, mustard powder and pepper in a bowl and use to completely coat the diced beef. Add any left over coating add to slow cooker.
- STEP 3Fry the coated beef with the rapeseed oil until browned off. Put seared beef in slow cooker.
- STEP 4Using the pan from the beef, fry mushrooms and onions until onions are slightly browned and translucent, then add to slow cooker.
- STEP 5Put diced carrots, turnip and Parsnips in slow cooker, with crushed garlic, Worcester sauce and tomato purée. Mix up and add bay leafs and thyme Turn down heat to medium and leave to cook
- STEP 6Remove bay leafs and thyme stalks before serving. Serve on its own or with creamy mash potato and cabbage.