Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 15-20 minutes cooling time
- Makes Cakes
Easy store-cupboard recipe for a mid afternoon treat.
For the cake:
- 175g castor sugar (sifted)
- 175g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 175g self raising flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
For the filling:
- 200g strawberry jam
For the topping:
- 300g icing sugar (sifted)
- 50g unsalted (at room temperature)
- 125g cream cheese
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180c/ 160c fan assisted/ gas 4. Mix together the butter, castor sugar and vanilla.
- STEP 2Add the flour and baking powder, mixing well. Make a well in the mixture, add the eggs and combine untill creamy. May need add a small amount of milk (add a table spoon at a time) if the mixture is too thick-it should just about drop off the whisk.
- STEP 3Fill the cases to half way and bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 mins. The top should be golden brown and a cocktail stick should come out clean if you push one through the centre.
- STEP 4Allow to cool. With a sharp knife cut out the centre. Take care not to go too deep, to half way is enough. Fill this with the jam.
- STEP 5For the topping, mix the icing sugar and butter until it looks like fine crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and mix well, but do not over beat or it will seperate. Spoon onto the cakes. Sprinkle on the crushed digestives just before serving.