- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling - 10 mins
- Makes 16 cookies
- 150g butter, lightly salted
- 80g light brown muscavado sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 200g chocolate chips
- Any flavourings/colouring (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (electric), 180°C (fan) or Gas Mark 4. In a large mixing bowl, add both sugars and butter and cream together until smooth.
- STEP 2When consistency is smooth, add in the egg and beat together before mixing in the flour. At this point you may add any favourings/colours you would like.
- STEP 3Finally mix in chocolate chips. Then cook for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown edges form. Leave to cool, and enjoy!