- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 - 10 portions as breakfast cereal
They perfect way to boost you through the day as breakfast, dessert or a snack. Can be served with milk / yoghurt or used to make flapjack bars. Now you know how easy it is to make you'll never buy it again.
- 400g oats
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g dried fruit / nuts / seeds
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 140C. Find a large shallow baking tray or two normal sized ones (whatever fills the top shelf of your oven).
- STEP 2Combine the oats, honey and oil in a mixing bowl until small clusters form.
- STEP 3Tip the mix into the baking tray(s) and spread it out (but don’t press it down).
- STEP 4Bake for about 15 – 20 mins, until golden brown, giving it a shuffle and a turn half way through.
- STEP 5The dried fruit / nuts / seeds mix can be added in 5 mins before the end of cooking, or as soon as the mix is out of the oven.
- STEP 6Leave in the tin to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container such as a cereal dispenser.