West African Curry
Member recipe by wizzabet
- 4lb chuck steak
- 1lb onions
- 3oz flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika, cayenne, chilli
- 4tbsp curry powder
- 4tbsp curry paste
- 4tbsp desicated coconut
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 pints of stock with 2 stock cubes & (optional) 1tsp gravy granules
- Dash of tabasco
- corn oil
- Serve with rice accompaniments of :
- sliced red & green peppers
- sliced cucumber
- sliced tomatoes & onions
- sliced bannanas & poppadoms
- mango chuckney
- In a large casserole fry the onions & garlic till soft & golden
- Add the coconut, curry powder & paste to the stock & pour over the onions adding a dash of tabasco & bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Cut the meat into large peices. Mix spice with flour & coat the meat.
- In a frying pan brown the meat 5-6 peices at a time. draining oil then adding to stock. continue till all meat is browned and added to stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer on low heat for 3 hours. Stirring occasionally to avoid it sticking to pan.