Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Poached Pears with Chocolate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A simple recipe to produce the perfect winter warmer!
For the Poached Pears
- 2 pears, peeled
- Half a bottle of white wine
- 50g caster sugar
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 100g plain chocolate
- STEP 1First, begin by peeling the pears, some people prefer to remove the stalks but I think they are best left on as it makes removal of the pears much easier.
- STEP 2Pour all of the wine and the caster sugar into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and add the pears, immersing them completely. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until soft.
- STEP 3Turn the heat right down but leave the pears in the pan. Get another saucepan and fill it with water, while this is boiling, break up the chocolate and put it in a glass bowl.
- STEP 4Place the bowl over the boiling water, being careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water as this could cause the chocolate to burn. Heat, stirring continuously, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- STEP 5Transfer the pears to a plate and drizzle over some on the remaining wine/sugar. Finally, drizzle over the chocolate and serve.