Member recipe by wendymayCI
A rich creamy cheesecake for special occasions. Large enough for second helpings.
- 200g chocolate digestive biscuits (finely crushed)
- 55g butter melted
- 500g philadelphia cream cheese
- 40g castor sugar
- 150ml single cream
- 200ml double cream
- 2 large eggs separated
- 100ml amaretto
- 1 sachet gelatin
- 4tbsp cold water
- 3 tbsp lightly toasted almond flakes
- Sprinkle melted chocolate (approx. 20g dark or milk)
- Combine biscuit crumbs with melted butter. Spoon into tin and press over the base, chill.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, egg yolks and sugar.
- Add single cream, double cream and amaretto and lightly beat till smooth.
- Put water into heat proof bowl, sprinkle over gelatin, leave to go spongy (approx. 5 minutes). Dissolve over a pan of barely simmering water and stir till clear (2-3 minutes). Cool slightly.
- Gradually beat the gelatin into the cheese mixture, making sure it has all been thoroughly blended.
- Whisk egg whites into soft peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Pour into tin and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- To remove from tin dip knife in hot water and carefully slide around tin to loosen. Put on taller jar (something sturdy) and pull down the sides.
- To finish sprinkle lightly toasted almond flakes and drizzle with melted chocolate.