Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Jill's GG Roast Suet Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 10
Roast Suet Pudding for Lamb or Beef
- 12oz Self Raising Floor
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4oz Suet
- Warm Water to bind into soft dough mixture (not to wet or dry)
- Pinch of Salt
- STEP 1Sift Self raising floor, add Suet baking powder and salt and mix or blend until smooth (no lumps of suet)
- STEP 2Whilst blending/mixing add enough warm water to bring mixture into soft dough (not too wet or dry)
- STEP 3Once the Roast Joint is removed for resting roughly roll dough into rough roasting tray size (not too heavy handed as the mixture will not rise) and sit into roasting juices. baste with juices and place in oven for 25mins or until golden brown. Oven Temp around 180-200C/gas 7-8
- STEP 4baste at least twice through out cooking time, allow 10-15mins before first baste (allowing for the dough to rise)
- STEP 5Please note the dough does not rise significantly, only about double.