Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Biscuits
a simple, easy-to-follow recipe with basic ingredients and a great taste for biscuit lovers.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 125 g (4oz) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 small bowl of white sugar
- STEP 1Cream the following into a large mixing bowl: butter, brown sugar and golden syrup.
- STEP 2Add the egg into the mixture and mix.
- STEP 3Sift the following into the mixture and mix: self-raising flour and cinnamon.
- STEP 4Grab heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into balls. dunk the top side of the ball into the white sugar.
- STEP 5Place balls onto lightly greased oven tray and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes (or until golden brown).
- STEP 6Wait 5 minutes for biscuits to cool on a cooling tray.