Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon & Ginger Stir Fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Fried chicken strips with stir fry vegetables and Opies Stem Ginger.
- 2 knobs of Opie's stem ginger (thinly sliced)
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) ginger syrup (from jar)
- 500g (1 lb) boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 50g (2 oz) each of red pepper, green pepper and carrot (cut into strips)
- 50g (2 oz) mushrooms (sliced)
- 50g (2oz) baby sweetcorn (chopped)
- 50g (2oz) mangetout
- 1 bottle or sachet of oriental lemon sauce
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Add the strips of chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep hot.
- STEP 2Add the red and green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, sweetcorn, mangetout and sliced stem ginger to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender, but not soft.
- STEP 3Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables, add lemon sauce, ginger syrup and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is hot. Serve immediately.