Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mums best Season pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Very tasty and full of flavour, perfect with Sunday lunch as a substitute for Yorkshire Puddings. Serve with lashing of Beec gravy.
- 3 large crusts made into breadcrumbs
- 1/3 packet of suet
- 1 medium Pack of Stuffing
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage
- 2 eggs
- 2 large onions
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Chop onions and boil in plenty of water until very soft, retain the water.
- STEP 2Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- STEP 3Add onions to the dry mixture whilst still hot and add some of the retained water you cooked the onions in, carry on mixing, the mixture will become thicker on standing, add a little more water until the consistency is thick but moist. It shouldn't be too wet.
- STEP 4Add eggs to bind
- STEP 5Place mixture in a well greased tin, roughly the size of tray bake tin, the mixture should be around an inch thick or to your taste. Any left over mixture can be cooked in Yorkshire Pudding Tins.
- STEP 6Cook in preheated oven at 180 degrees for around 30 - 40 minutes, or until the top goes hard and turns brown.