Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 1 dsp dry yeast
- 250ml warm water
- 500g strong flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 125ml olive oil
- Flour for dusting
- Sea salt
- Fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil, for greasing trays
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Place the flour,salt and oil in the bowl of a food processor and, with the motor running, add the yeast and water. Continue to process until a smooth dough forms that leaves the sides of the processor bowl clean.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl dusted with a little flour, and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and roll out into a large oval shape, approx 1cm thick.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled baking tray and mark it into 5 segments by slashing the top of the dough radially. Carefully pull the bread to open these cuts slightly. Brush the dough liberally with oil, sprinkle with salt, and scatter over the rosemary and garlic. Leave to rise a further hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Gas 6.
- Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crisp.