Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Onbiergan seo fyr
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Beef, herbs and spices with potato chunks. Has a very strong earthy taste with, well rounded, yet not over powering strong flavours.
- 3 small potatoes
- 200g Mince meat
- Pinch of Saphron
- tsp Turmeric
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/8 red onion
- 1/8 white onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 small carrot
- Medium strength Peri Peri sauce
- 25g butter
- Whole cumin
- Vegetable oil
- STEP 1Chop the tomatoes into chunks, Grate 1/2 the carrot, crush the clove of garlic, slice the onion into chunks. Place all items into a bowl. Add a pinch of Saphron, a tsp of turmeric, a tsp of butter, a pinch of oregano. place all items into bowl. Add contents of bowl to blender. add 50ml of water. Blend until everything is into some form of a paste.
- STEP 2Place mince meat into a saucepan, add a generous amount of vegetable oil, leave to simmer for 2 minutes, until half of the meat has turned grey. Now add the contents of the blender. Leave to cook for 5 minutes. Strain out the majority of the liquid. It should come out a yellow colour. add the solid contents back into the pan. add a little bit more oil. Leave to fry for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3While the meat is frying, clean the potatoes and add them to a saucepan to boil.
- STEP 4Turn the gas right down on the meat. wait another five minutes. Strain off all the water from the potatoes, and then cut them up into reasonably sized chunks. Put these into a frying pan, and fry till lightly golden brown.
- STEP 5Turn the heat back up on the meat and add a tsp of butter. and 3 pinches of salt, and a generous amount of pepper.
- STEP 6Once the Potatoes have fried add them to the meat and continue to mix together for 2 minutes.
- STEP 7While the mixture is continuing to cook, toast a couple of slices of bread.
- STEP 8Now the mixture is done. add it to a plate. Rip up pieces of lightly toasted bread and add them to the side of the plate.
- STEP 9Lightly cover the meat in reasonable amounts of peri peri sauce.
- STEP 10Enjoy your meal. Put large fork full's of the meat upon a piece of bread and eat.