Pasta and pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick and tasty pasta recipe using store cupboard ingredients.
- 1 pack unsmoked bacon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or use garlic puree
- 2 tbs plain yoghurt
- Half jar red pesto
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- STEP 1Chop bacon and fry with mushrooms and garlic
- STEP 2Meanwhile cook pasta according to instructions on pack.
- STEP 3When bacon and mushrooms are cooked, add yoghurt and pesto and heat through. Add black pepper to taste.
- STEP 4Tip cooked pasta into bacon (or the other way round depending on which pan is biggest!) and stir to coat. Serve immediately.