Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lentil and Hazelnut Burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Easily made lightly spiced nutty lentil burgers.
- Red Lentils 226g
- Chicken or vegetable stock - 250mls
- Red Onion finely chopped small
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Red chilly - finely chopped 1 - 2 to taste
- Chestnut Mushrooms - Finely Chopped 56g
- Hazelnuts roasted and crushed 100g
- Cheddar finely grated 56g
- Dried mixed herbs 1 teaspoon
- 1 egg - large
- Bread crumbs -56g
- STEP 1Cook lentils in stock until just cooked and drain well. Set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 2Sweat onion, garlic, chilly and mushrooms for 5 minutes then add hazelnuts and cook for further 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Put onions, garlic, chilly, mushrooms and hazelnut mixture in a bowl and add cheddar and dried herbs and lentils and mix well.
- STEP 4Mix in the egg.
- STEP 5Blend in enough breadcrumbs to ensure a firm mixture.
- STEP 6Form the mixture into burgers and rest in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- STEP 7Shallow fry on a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes minutes on each side.
- STEP 8Shallow fry on a medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes minutes on each side
- STEP 9Serve with minted new potatoes and rocket salad.