Awfully Good Waffles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A really good recipe for delicious light waffles, specially for electric waffle makers.
- 250g Flour (plain)
- 7g Baking powder
- 20g Caster sugar
- 5g Salt
- 475ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- STEP 1Weigh all the dry ingredients, place in a large mixing bowl. Break the eggs into the milk and beat the mixture.
- STEP 2Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Add the oil and mix all ingredients together until all the large lumps have been broken up. Do not over mix otherwise the waffles will be heavy when cooked.
- STEP 3Pre heat the waffle maker and spray with oil (1 cal spray works well).
- STEP 4Pour 3/4 of a cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 mins or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- STEP 5Serve hot with maple syrup. Also good served with sliced banana or blueberries.
- STEP 6Cooked waffles can be frozen and heated up in the toaster. Unused batter mixture can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days.