Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
healthy banana bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 minutes cooling time
- Serves 10
no sugar no eggs just pure goodness
- 450g (1 lb) ripe bananas,mashed
- 50g (2 oz) chopped nuts
- 100ml (4 fl oz) sunflower oil
- 100g (4 oz) raisins
- 75g (3 oz) rolled oat flakes
- 150g (5 oz) wholewheat flour
- 2.5ml (0.5 tsp) almond essence
- pinch of salt
- STEP 1preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 190c (375f).
- STEP 2mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. the consistency should be moist.
- STEP 3spoon into greased 450g (1 lb) loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50 to 60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- STEP 4cool for 10 mins until cool.