Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Some like it hot Beef Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
After playing around with some tastes this is a curry for any curry lovers taste buds. Most of those in my family who like curry have really enjoyed this dish.
- 500g of lean beef strips or chunks well washed and drained
- 2 fresh chillies or 1/2 TSP chilli powder
- 4tbls of veg oil
- 1 onion finely chopped + 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbls curry powder, 1 TSP turmeric, 1 TSP Salt, 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbls of. Tomato puree, 1 tbls lemon juice
- 250ml beef stock or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2teaspoon ground cloves. 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon dried basil. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon mustards seeds 1/2 teaspoon team masala
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large pot and brown the beef about 5 mins best on a medium heat
- STEP 2Add the onions, garlic, chilli, vinegar, salt and all the spices and stir well coating the beef and until an aroma is formed. Approved 4 mins
- STEP 3In a separate dish combine the tomato puree, stock and lemon juice and add 1/2 of it to the pot. Stir well still on a medium heat and until the sauces thickens and is almost dry. Add the remaining mixture and stir well if too thick add a little more water.
- STEP 4Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for approx 1 hr stirring occasionally.
- STEP 5This is best served with rice, Naan bread and yoghurt/riata.