Boozy marinaded figs
Member recipe by teresahall
A lovely recipe that can be given away at Xmas as an unusual gift.
- 340g granulated sugar
- 300 ml water
- 50 ml vinegar
- 1 kg (not too ripe figs)
- 200ml (at least) brandy
- Boil the water, vinegar and sugar to make a syrup, about 15 - 20 mins, and let it cool
- Peel the figs, and put them in a bowl.
- Pour over the cooled syrup, and leave for 24 hours. Put a plate on the top, to keep the figs in the syrup.
- Pour the figs and syrup into a saucepan, and simmer for 15 mins.
- Take the figs out, and put into jars, then boil the syrup for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the syrup with the brandy and pour over the figs. Store for at least 2 weeks
- Serve with creme fraiche, vanilla icecream or just whipped cream