Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A spicy chutney that goes well with meat and vegetables and also makes a good dip for tortillas.
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 5 large red chillis chopped (leave seeds in if you like it really hot)
- 125ml apple (or white wine) vinegar
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 50g sugar
- pinch of mixed spice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- vegetable oil
- STEP 1heat oil in pan, tip in all ingredients except tomato puree and bring to boil.
- STEP 2Simmer for 30 minutes and then add the tomato puree.
- STEP 3Continue to simmer on gentle heat until chutney has thickened.
- STEP 4Remove from heat and cool. Will keep for three days if refrigerated.