Vanilla malteser cake
Member recipe by beebee14
- For the mix:
- 200g butter , cut in pieces
- 170 self-raising flour
- 4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g golden caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons of horlicks powder
- half a tea spoon of vanilla extract
- For the icing:
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g or unsalted butter
- Set the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer or by hand until fluffy.
- One by one add in the eggs until thick.Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Now add in the horlicks to the flour and fold in to the mixture.
- Grease and flour a over proof cake pan and put in the oven for 30 mins then leave to cool for 20 mins.Then sandwich the two cakes together with the butter icing.