- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 5
- 1 pkg of pearl barley
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved or larger tomatoes chunked
- 3/4 cup whole fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup radishes chopped
- juice from 1/2 lemon or to taste
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1Cook the pearl barley as directed on the package, set aside in bowl to cool.
- STEP 2Chop vegetables, herbs & nuts, then mix into cooled pearl barley.
- STEP 3Add lemon juice & zest, olive oil, salt & pepper and mix well to coat.