Member recipe by stsofia
Light, refreshing and easy to make chili! It is a vegetarian recipe, however I used it a lot when on a low fat diet. It tastes great and it is cheap and easy to make. Enjoy!
- 500g mushrooms
- 750g fresh heirloom / tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 celery hearts finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of kidney beans in water
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped small/medium chili pepper
- 2 tsp of paprica
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt (to taste)
- 2 lugs of mild olive oil
- Chop all vegetables into cubes, into separate bowls.
- Heat mild olive oil in the pan. Add garlic, onion and chilli. Fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and fry for a minute or until start to change colour. Add celery, allow one minute until starts to soften.
- Add kidney beans and follow them with tomatoes. Finally, season to your taste.
- Allow the dish to simmer on a low gas setting for about 15 minutes. Cooking time very much depends upon what kind of pan you are using. Please, taste it and enjoy!