- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 230g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 2-3 cm piece grated root ginger
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 green chillis, deseeded (or leave them in if you like it hot!)
- 200ml chicken stock
- 15g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 200g pack of cooked chicken tikka fillets (i use tesco)
- 1 tbsp reduced fat butter
- 1 tsp garam masala
- bunch fresh coriander
- STEP 1Place chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, chillis, chicken stock in a saucepan and simmer fairly briskly, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- STEP 2Stir in the ground almonds, sugar and chicken pieces, heating through gently for about 7 minutes.
- STEP 3Stir in the butter, garam masala and coriander.
- STEP 4Serve straightaway, with some plain boiled rice or a naan bread.
- STEP 5Enjoy!