String Hopper Sweet Rolls
Member recipe by stelladias77
- * FOR THE COCONUT FILLING:
- * 50 milliliters Coconut Pani Or Treacle
- * ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ teaspoons Cinnamon Powder
- * 1 teaspoon Sugar
- * 100 grams Dessicated Coconut
- * _____
- * FOR THE SWEET ROLLS:
- * 250 grams Steam Flour (See Below)
- * 1 teaspoon Salt
- * 200 milliliters Boiling Water
- To make the coconut mixture, in a thick-bottomed pan, put coconut pani, cinnamon and sugar and bring to boil (you need it to be around 100C degrees so use a thermometer).Then add the pani mixture to the dessicated coconut and mix well. Let cool.
- In a steamer, steam plain flour for about 30 minutes. .
- In a steamer, steam plain flour for about 30 minutes. When cool, break up the flour and sift twice. Steam flour is also available in food shops and supermarkets
- Put the steam flour and salt into a bowl and slowly add the water. Mix quickly into a pliable dough.
- Put a little of the dough into a string hopper mold and squeeze the mixture in a circular fashion onto a 7x7 piece of paper greased with butter or oil. It will look like a disk about 5 inches in diameter. Continue with the rest of the dough.
- Now place the sweet coconut mixture in the middle of each disk and roll each up loosely. Transfer to a string hopper mat.
- Place 2 mats in a steamer and steam over a pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes. When the string hopper sweet rolls are cooked, remove from the mats and place on a dish.
- Serve hot or cool.