- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
An dish that all of the family will enjoy.
- Olive Oil
- 50g Chorizo
- 130g Pancetta Cubes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Celery stick
- 150g Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 100g Raw peeled Prawns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- A tbsp of Thyme ( and extra to serve)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 100 g Long Grain Rice
- 1/2 pint Chicken Stock
- A Pinch Of Salt
- 1 Sliced Spring Onion
- STEP 1Gather a, Knife, 2x Chopping Board, Frying Pan, Wooden Spoon, Measuring Jug
- STEP 2Roughly chop the Chorizo, Pepper, Onion and Celery. And finely chop the Garlic Cloves.
- STEP 3On a separate board chop the Chicken into medium sized cubes.2
- STEP 4Put some oil in a pan and gently fry the Chorizo and Pancetta with the Paprika until the oil has turned a nice colour. (The shade of colour will depend on the quality of the Paprika and Chorizo)
- STEP 5Add the Garlic, Onions, Pepper and Celery and cook over a medium heat (stirring every so often) until they begin to colour and the most of the moisture has gone.
- STEP 6Then, add the Chicken, Bay Leaf, Thyme and Oregano and continue to cook on a medium heat for about 5 mins.
- STEP 7Add in the Rice and stir.
- STEP 8Pour in the stock and a pinch of salt then add the prawns and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 15 mins or when the rice has absorbed the stock. (You may have to stir occasionally to stop the ingredients from sticking to the bottom)
- STEP 9Serve straight away and sprinkle some sliced spring onions & Thyme on the top.
- STEP 10Enjoy!