Salmon and broccoli pasta
Member recipe by split58
- For the sauce
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped,
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1tsp dried oregano
- handful of basil
- splash of red wine vinegar,
- 2 tbsps single cream
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 150g tagliatelle (also works well with penne)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- Pre-heat oven to 190C. Gently fry the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil with the oregano until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and chili, season with black pepper and salt and simmer for up to half an hour until the sauce has reduced and tomatoes have broken down. You can mash up the tomatoes towards the end with a spoon.
- Halfway through the sauce cooking time, place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper and salt. Roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions and steam the broccoli for ten minutes.
- When the sauce is cooked add a splash of red wine vinegar and the cream and stir through. Break up the salmon into bite size chunks and stir into the pasta.
- Serve the salmon pasta over the tagliatelle and scatter the broccoli over top. Great with a good sprinkling of parmesan too.