Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken Arrabiata Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Quick and easy midweek dinner for 2!
- 250g shaped pasta (penne works best)
- Olive Oil
- 2 x skinless, boneless chicken breasts - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 x small onion - finely diced
- 1 glove garlic - finely diced
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/2 small red chilli - deseeded and finely sliced (optional)
- Few fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper
For the bechamel sauce:
- 25g salted butter
- 25g plain flour
- 250 ml cold milk
- 15g freshly grated parmesan
- STEP 1Firsly make the bechamel sauce - melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour to make a rue. When it's ready it should be a light/medium brown colour. Slowly add the milk whisking constantly. The mixture should thicken. When ready, take off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Put to one side until ready to use.
- STEP 2In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chilli flakes (and fresh chilli if using). Add the chicken and when browned add the onion. When almost cooked add the tomatoes and tomato puree and simmer until thickened. Add the basil at the last moment and season with black pepper to taste. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- STEP 3To assemble - mix the chicken and tomato sauce with the pasta and place in an ovenproof dish. Spoon the bechamel sauce over the top and cook at around 180c until the bechamel sauce is golden and crispy.
- STEP 4Serve with small rocket side salad and garlic bread.