Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Asian inspired duck and veggies in a sauce exploding with flavour
- 1 Duck breast (about 200g)
- 3-4 Carrots
- 300 - 400g Broccoli
- 5-10 Spring onions (depending on size)
- 2-3 dried Chilies
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 Limes (juice)
- 1-2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- To serve
- 200g Rice
- 100g frozen peas
- STEP 1Heat wok or pan to high heat, score the fat side of the duck breast, rub with salt and pepper and put it into the wok, fat side down.
- STEP 2Turn down heat to medium, immediately. After about 10 min, turn the breast and cook for 2-3 min on the other side (it should be red in the middle). Remove from wok and cover.
- STEP 3As the duck cooks, cut broccoli into florets, peal the stem and cut it info thick matches (see picture). Cut the carrots the same way. Chop spring onions into inch size pieces. Finely chop chili and garlic.
- STEP 4As soon as the duck is removed from the wok, add honey, soy sauce and lime juice, combine, add chili and garlic.
- STEP 5Cook in for a minute and check flavour, it should be well balanced, hot, sweet, salty and sour.
- STEP 6Turn up the heat a bit and add carrots and broccoli, cook for 3-5 minutes, turning to coat in the sauce. Slice duck and add along with spring onions. Cook for a few minutes more, still turning, till the duck is done and the veggies have taken flavour and softned a bit on the outside.
- STEP 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 8Cook rice, add peas for the last few minutes of cooking.