Roast Vegetable Frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
A great dish for entertaining, appeals to all and can be eaten hot or cold.
- 3 courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 3 peppers (red, yellow & green)
- 8 shallots (or one red onion in chunks)
- 12 tips of asparagus
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 12 eggs (large)
- 3 tbs thick double cream
- 150g goats cheese
- 150g Feta cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- STEP 1Chop all vegetables into large pieces and place in large roasting dish. Sprinkle over the garlic and coat well in the olive oil. Place in a pre-heated oven at 175 centigrade. Roast for 20-25 minutes. Set aside while you make the egg mixture.
- STEP 2Beat the eggs together with the cream and season with salt and pepper. Take a large (approx. 10 inch/25 cm diameter) ovenproof dish and grease with oil or butter. Put a layer of roasted vegetable in the dish and on top of this add the cubed goats cheese. Add the remainder of the vegetables, crumble the feta cheese on top and then pour over the beaten egg & cream mixture.
- STEP 3Place in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes and cook until firm, but be careful not to over-cook - the centre should still be slightly moist. Set aside for 10 minutes to continue to set and serve.